Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 22, 2008

H'AIRLine' Academy


2200 hrs..'am I late?'
I run with all my energy..!!
'Oh..Thank God..!!'..It Isn't closed..!I felt relieved when i said this to myself..!

'Good Evening ,How can I help you Sir?' asked the man sitting at the counter..!
I looked around..I see men dressed in black coats and thin lined trousers..with Welcome kit containing shining scissors and knives in hand..!

'Please Sir,have your seat..!'said the manager politely..as if trying to pacify his customers in the shop suggesting me..i am not the only one who is frightened..!![:P]

Yeah..sure'..I said..hiding my nervousness..!

I was in queue with four other 'beauty conscious' Indians ahead of me!
"Welcome to Hair Line Academy..!"

'And these are my employees with EHD's..!'said the Manager..!
'Eh..Sir..did i hear it right,..did you mean PHD's??'I wanted to ask the manager..!

'He means "Experts in Hair Designing" someone sitting besides me answered..as if reading my mind..!

I looked around like a child confused....confused with weird abbreviations..or confused with the atmosphere..!!whatever..!!
The atmosphere around sometimes made laugh out loud with all of my heart...!!

I have always been thinking of reading Mahatma's book..'My Experiments with Truth'...but for a while..i was thinking of how these Hair Experts..were going to conduct 'There experiments with hair..'..some coming up...with innovations..if u r lucky...else...
....
........ a total disaster..with no disaster management!!...[except a Wig..][:D]
I was relieved of the fact that i was not the first one to undergo the experiment and so i had ample time to decide whether..to subject myself to this 'brutal torture' (as i have always been calling this from my child hood).

But even before i could realise that i was the the next one to go for hairlinez experiment....a 'bass'y sound hit my eardrums..
"Welcome Sir!..this is Hairline Pradeep Ganjawala..how can i help you?"
with utmost proffessionalism.

I was almost tits and bits into laughter..but i controlled myself...somehow..!
I politely asked him back with the same proffessionalism.."err..excuse me sir..do u mean it's my turn fr haircut..?"
"yes sir!" he replied back.

"So sir..we have a wide variety of 'ishtyles'..right from Ompuri..Mogambo 'ishtyle' to Aamir Ghajini...." he paused..!
I completed his statement by saying 'ishtyle' and looked at him with utter dissatisfaction as if i wanted an 'ishtyle' which have both the flavours of old and new.

I couldn't resist my inquizitiveness on all this Hairline Academy..!!
I asked him back.."Sir!is it necessary that i chose from either of these two actors or may be other actors?"
"What about other personalities like Lalu,Abdul Kalam..?eh?"

There was silence..for a few seconds.I could see the EHD degree holder sweating ...and finding it a bit difficult to digest kind of a situation.(jaise lathi ki dukaan pe AK-47 maang raha hai) [:D]

"Sir,but right now...if u have a ghajini style..there is a 25% discount..aur woh bhi ekdam Flat!!"
I could see all his yellow teeths when he was saying this with not anyway near minimal confidence..!
"Haan sir..ekdam flat hai..koi tension nahin hai..aap par ekdam mast lagega!" He said with his dirty yellow smile...[I hate to recollect this]..[:P]

[Rest Soon]

5 comments:

Katz said...

Reading a blog after a long time.. inspired me to write something new too... But while reading was thinking.. did you cut your hair?? did you finally go for ghajini style?? you have put lalu's pic.. so did you think to go for something like that.. was waiting for something to come in the end..

And there you write... "REST SOON".. have to keep on guessing.. hows sreeni looking with his new style.. wat style Mr. Ganjawala has given him... try ghajini style and upload ur pic.. I am sure you will rock!!!!

:)

Unknown said...

The writer pressented this story with not only excellent words but with excellent pressentation too..
see the pics that r self explanatory,looking at only pics we can track the subject of the article.
writer used words ishtyles,pradeep ganjawala,EHD,PHD very effectively..
created the silent jokes by using combination of words..
The combination of EHD and PHD is awesome..
writer also dont forget to include current affairs.. that is ghazini..
substory of flat discount on ghazini cut is awesome
he is so innovative about words and lines too.check the word YELLOW SMILE(and TRAIN OF THOUGHTS in your previous article)
and a line "a total disaster..with no disaster management."
isn't it?
i think that sometimes HOW you say something is almost more important than what you say.
and after reading this article i can say that writer has done a great justice to above line.
keep it up.. sreenish sir..
simply the best article.

Nandini said...

Again a very excellent piece of writing... waiting for the "REST" :)

Manasa. said...

so u got urself a new haircut...!!... cool! :P

TasteMaster said...

Man, i guess you're bald now. With EHDs, avar motta adichu kaanum ninne.. hehe.. :D

ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes